Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Plan into Action...Homeschooling Preparation


My brainstorming for lesson plans...not done nor in order.
I am really getting excited about next year.  Jman will be in Kindergarten and BG will be doing preschool again and little Miss Lulu will be along for the ride!  Brainstorming, online searching, printing, laminating, it's all happening.  I have finally decided to do my own curriculum for K, but I do think I will be doing My Father's World for 1st grade and on.  I had originally decided to go with the K curriculum from My Father's World, but felt that saving some money and making my own units was what I needed to do.  Panic hit me at first, but now that I'm into the swing of things, it is coming together!

Laminating and printing fun
I've had lots of fun planning out units.  I had saved a bunch from last year when I made my own lessons with Jman, so I am going to reuse them and just add in some extra materials for kindergarten.  I still have some work to do...lots more printing, laminating, cutting and organizing!  A few of the websites I've gotten unit ideas and packs from are Homeschool Creations, Totally Tots, and 1+1+1=1.

I am also making a calendar board like the one I found on Homeschool Creations and 1+1+1=1.  My boys have been peeking in on all my printing and laminating and keep asking "What is that for?!?!", "Can we play with that?".  It makes me smile knowing they already like it and haven't seen it in its entirety yet!  (And I'll say that I have already started looking for Velcro coins, laminating pouches,   hooks and rings!)

I'm still coming up with ideas for BG and Lulu to stay busy while I'm helping Jman.  I've come up with a few ideas: sensory boxes to go along with our themes, our Vtech Computer, and workboxes that have coloring books, learning games, puzzles, our Leap Frog Scribble and Write (my preschooler loves this), books and any other fun ideas/trinkets I find to throw in for a particular theme.

I really feel God's hand on me as everything comes together.  His plan does prevail and I know I'm just along for the ride.  I need to keep my ears open so I can hear Him.  I want to be an active participant in this ride of life.  It does make things easier and much more enjoyable!!!

Blessings!


1 comment:

  1. That's great, Amanda. I am an organizer, too! I bought a laminator at Target for $25. Love it! That and my spiral binder for notebook making are priceless tools for our homeschool. It's the OCD in me. ;)

    ReplyDelete