Friday, June 15, 2012

Frazzled Hair and Sore Feet

I am often amazed that at the end of each day I don't fall on the floor exhausted with frazzled hair and sore feet.  I feel like I could; maybe I should!  I think my husband would have no clue what to do with me at that point.  But, I keep on ticking by the grace of God.

My kids have way too much energy and I often get exhausted just thinking about how much energy they have.  This stage of life with an almost kindergartner, a preschooler and a 12 month old (who is walking, almost running at times) zaps all of my energy, strength and patience at times.

It wasn't too long ago, when I had a 2 yr old and a brand new baby and life as I new it was OVER.  I would watch this commercial on TV and just start crying.   I didn't want to be in that 89%!!!  A bit dramatic, yes, but really, when you are living off of 4 or 5 hours of sleep, nursing every 2 or 3 hours, and keeping a toddler entertained, one is prone to crying at ridiculous things.  I couldn't wait for those days to end and move on to the next stage of life.  It's always better on the other side, right?

Now with 3 kids, ages 12 months, 2 and 5 years old, the days just seem to fly by.  It is easier now after some time and experience and I love being a mom.  I still find myself looking forward to no diapers, but realize that enjoying each and every day is more important than worrying about all the things I want to change, don't have or think I need.  If I take a look at what I have, it is wonderful!  Yes, dirty diapers that ruin clothes aren't all that great, wiping up spills that make my floors sticky aren't enjoyable, having my kids look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language can be frustrating, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  (Well, maybe a few of the looks!)

To give you a little glimpse into my day: it begins at 6 am and ends at 11 pm or midnight.  (I know...too late!)  It is filled with playing, chores, reading, schooling, eating, more playing, and lots of praise to our Lord.  I didn't throw in all the diaper changes, telling BG to go to the bathroom because he's dancing, outfit changes, stepping on toy cars, moving shoes, etc.  You get the picture.

It is crazy to think that all of this gets done during the day.  Looking back on the times I thought I couldn't do it, I know that God was with me, holding my hand and letting me learn and grow as I needed to.  I know that this season of my life won't last forever and that it will end before I really want it too.  I am taking time to enjoy my kids, my husband and our daily grind.  This thing called life is an amazing gift from God.  Cherish it always!

Blessings,



 Jman photos that I randomly find on my phone.  Such a goofy boy!



 BG and his crazy faces.  (I really like his blue shirt that reads "My mom kicks harder than you.")


Lulu, our little lady. :)  Yes, she is sitting in the pool with her clothes on and of course there is a little puddle in the bottom.  I wouldn't expect it any other way!


2 comments:

  1. your kids are precious! I totally know what you are saying... it is hard and worth it and it takes God's mighty strength every single day to be the mom and the wife that He has called us to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are good building things with your hands. This could be a worth-while project for you. I give info so you can see what's involved and maybe copy it. It's no in the effort to sell. Look up nestoiter-gravity on Amazon. It will make your feet happy, even when everything else will fall apart

    ReplyDelete