Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"Not in School" for the Summer Part 2

In my last post, I mentioned walking around in your own backyard to find lots of goodies for "non-school."  Apparently, our yard is FULL of interesting things!

I was already aware of a few of our "fun" spots, but the rest were something of a surprise.

We have mushrooms.

 We have moths.


 We have 3 mysterious holes; home to a snake or moles?  Unknown since we haven't seen either yet...

We have a wasps nest in the light on the back of the house.

(This is my camera work while trying to avoid looking into the bottom of the light!)

And another wasps nest in the light by our sliding door.

Surprise!!

Needless to say, I am going to be a little more careful in the backyard until those nests get removed.  Maybe not even be in the backyard!  And I'm especially not thinking of pulling any Duck Dynasty moves to acquire the comb, whether there is any sweet honey or not!  Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog - Wasp Nest Removal 101.  Yikes!



Summertime, sweet summertime.  Full of fun and adventure!  What have you found in your backyards??

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment