Thursday, September 13, 2012

Focusing On Him

I am a detail oriented person.  I like the little things and that sometimes keeps me from staying on track.  I get caught up in all the nit-picky things and lose focus on what I'm really trying to do.  It totally comes out when I'm cleaning.  I can get started in one room and remember that there is something else that belongs in that room and go get it.  WELL - that only leads to me spotting other things I can do and get started in this NEW place and leave the first room in disarray.  But this is me.

I have found that recently, when I'm trying to hear God's voice, I lose focus and get distracted.  I let life move in and the little things get in the way.  It is a constant battle, but I know that staying focused is the only way to keeping me on the path to the blessings He has planned for me.  It isn't a question of can I stay focused; it is a question of will I stay focused.

I want to hear Him tell me, "Well done."  That is what keeps me fighting to stay focused.

Blessings,



8 comments:

  1. Great post :) I have similar struggles sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted almost the same thing. It is so easy to get sidetracked and lose focus. I love that Christ puts things in our day to bring our focus back to Him. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I sometimes feel like a wind up toy, rambling from place to place, hitting walls, redirecting, only to keep rambling. Oh how I need focus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda I'm right there with you! Staying focused on Him is a hard thing to do. But like you I am striving to make it so! Blessings to you #fmfparty sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first 5 Minute Friday!!! SO so thankful we got to connect last night at #FMFparty. Thank you for coming by and chatting. It was such a joy, truly.

    I'm so happy to see this post. Great job on "focus". It is so, so true, your perspective. "I have found that recently, when I'm trying to hear God's voice, I lose focus and get distracted." I can relate to that!

    I hope to 'see' you again next week. And stop by anytime for more chats! At my blog or on Twitter. I'll be around, if I can focus that it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find myself with the same problem! You're right, though. I CAN stay focused if I choose to do so. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, yes, I get this! I'm starting to see why the path Home is narrow...we get distracted so easily!

    What a great 5 minute write! So thrilled you joined in on #FMFParty so I knew to visit ;) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete