Monday, July 30, 2012

Up-Cycled T Shirt Dress

I have got the itch to sew again.  I found this yellow shirt in my closet that I didn't really wear anymore and decided to up-cycle it into a dress for my 13 month old girl.  I got this idea from my friend Caitlyn who has an awesome blog at www.hesowedshesewed.com.

This pink shirt is exactly like the yellow one before I started cutting it up!


I used a 2T dress as a pattern, lying it on top of the dress and pinning around the edges.


This is the post-pinning, cutting, unpinning, turning inside out and re-pinning picture.


I sewed the bottom hem first, then sewed the side seams.  The arm holes were sewed last.

I added some blue lace seam tape and a little red flower.  It covered up a little stain I found, plus made it a little fancier.


Here is the back.



My little model.  It is a little big, since it's a 2T, but she'll be wearing the dress until it no longer fits!  Jman thought it was beautiful!


This whole thing took me about an hour and a half.  It would have taken me less time if I hadn't sewn the arm holes closed the first time...oops.  But now I won't forget about them!!

Blessings,

Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment