Monday, July 9, 2012

My Homeschool Planner

I have big news.  We have bought a new printer!  I'm pretty excited.  We have been out of ink for over a month and my husband didn't want to buy ink when we could get a new printer that was faster and better for a little more money.  I agreed, but it wasn't happening.  I finally told him we needed one.  How was I going to make decorations for BG's Golden Birthday party?  So now we have one and I'm printing and planning up a storm!

I finally compiled my entire planner.  I have all the pages I know I will need.  I'm sure more will pop up, but for now, this is what I have:


While our printer was out of commission, I designed my own cover.  I drew this picture and colored it in with pastels.  It was really fun to make.  I hadn't drawn in quite a while!


My first page is my 2012-2013 calendar year.  I outlined holidays and other important days in red.  I got this calendar from www.calendarlabs.com.


I bought these dividers at Walmart.  I like that they have pockets for my brainstormed ideas.  :)

The first section is a year around schedule with the number of weeks and days in each month I'm schooling and my weekly schedule.  I haven't filled in the weekly schedule, as I'm still working out details.  I don't like being confined to an hourly schedule, but it's good for me to have a general guideline of what is the usual schedule for the week.  I know my kids need routine.  

The second section is an attendance record as well as a Teacher and Student schedules.  Again, I'm not sure if I will use it, but I do know I will need to set aside time for each child as well as teach them together.  It may help to know what needs to be done together and separately.  


My third section is the monthly calendars and my meal planners.  I got the monthly calendar from www.FreeHomeschoolDeals.com (pictured above on the bottom page) and my meal planner from www.NoOrdinaryMomentsblog.com (pictured above on the top page).  I have my year planned out for school, just need to get the details written down.  Menu planning will get done next.  


The fourth section is the actual weekly plans.  I have a plan for my kindergartner (pictured above, printed from www.donnayoung.org) and a plan for my preschooler (pictured below, printed from www.1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com).  I have started to fill it in; just need to finish it all up!


In the fifth section, I placed preschool and kindergarten standards, just as reference guides for me.

The sixth section is random print offs I have yet to laminate or place in a clear pouch.  

The last 2 sections are empty for now!

It is a lot of work, but it is fun to get everything printed, planned, organized and ready.  I'll follow up with the unit plans once I get them completed!  

Blessings,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! :) Now that we are getting settled I have to start getting ready for the school year. It's been fun catching up on your blog tonight. I loved reading about your weekend projects and hearing little glimmers of how God is working in your life. You inspire me my dear. I wish we were both in the cities homeschooling together. :( I know that you are where you need to be, us as well but it doesn't mean I don't miss you. :)We don't have internet in the apartment so I don't get online as much as I used to but I enjoy reading your blog when I get a chance. And am looking forward to using your blog as a reference as I prepare for school. Take care. Love you.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete