Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Planting Our Lemon Tree

Weekend Project #2: Our New Lemon Tree

Nate and I love the idea of having fresh fruit at the tip of our fingers.  My parents have an apple tree in their backyard and we have helped take some apples off of their hands when we lived up North.  Now, we are not so fortunate.  When we go to Home Depot or Lowe's or any store with a garden center, we always walk by the fruit trees and dream.

We finally decided to buy a lemon tree!  Yeah!  I'm super excited to have one.  We bought one of the patio citrus fruit trees.  It came in its own little planter, but we decided to transplant it into a larger one before the tree got too big.  We have to have it in a planter since we are renting our duplex.


We bought a large planter and Nate drilled 3 holes into the bottom for drainage.

\

I got Jman outside to help me pour the dirt into the planter.  We had fun getting a little dirty!


 We bought a plant with 3 lemons growing on it already.  I teased the roots before planting it and made sure it was well watered.  Planting this makes me miss having my own garden.  I love gardening and landscaping.


Now the fun part is keeping the bugs and animals away from it, and waiting for the lemons to ripen!  


Blessings,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment