Friday, April 1, 2011

The Making of a Warrior

I resumed going to Women's Bible Study at our church last week, after a winter break. The study is on becoming a warrior for God. It was a new idea for me, so I was intrigued! I had never really thought about what it meant to actually be a warrior. Here are a few points that were made that I had to share. They are too important for me not to!

  1. God's sovereignty and providence in all things: When things seem hard to understand or even just plain odd, assume God is up to something. Similar circumstances can result in very different outcomes.

  2. What does it take to be a spiritual warrior: Be willing to be changed. Let God shape you and pour Himself into you. Give up control "Let go and let God". Trust both God's ability and willingness to lead, guide, and help you. Learn to use your spiritual eyes over your physical eyes; spiritual eyes "see" more than our physical eyes, for example angels. Rethink your perspectives and pursuits (1 Timothy 4:8). Acknowledge the battle going on around you and understand what it is (2 Corinthians 10:3-5). Invest yourself in learning how to "Fight the Good Fight".

  3. A Warriors Oath: "I am committed to the process of becoming totally involved and available to do whatever God wants me to do: I will put Him above everything and everyone. I will fully give my life to the purpose of fighting the good fight and to overcoming the powers of darkness that threaten all of humanity."

  4. Jesus was harassed and hounded on earth for 33 years. He suffered even unto death. He never gave up because He never stopped thinking of us. He sweat blood because He knew what He was facing. Yet, He didn't back down and run from His mission when it got really tough.

  5. So when He calls you to pick up your cross and follow Him, will you? It's not easy. When he asks you to defend what He gained (the dominion and power from dieing on the cross) are you ready? We will need to be prepared. Will you go to battle for your children's hearts and souls, for your marriages, for your neighbors?
This list was taken directly from the handout I got at bible study. It's a lot to think about! I was filled with a renewed passion to stand up and stay strong. It will take a lot of work, but it is worth it. I want to keep Satan down and God up. I know I need to prepare for battle and stay focused on God's word and will for my life. I can succeed; we can succeed. With God's power, we can do anything! Here are a few passages that were also given to read. They helped put into perspective what I need to focus on for preparing to be a warrior.

  • Jeremiah 18:4

  • 2 Corinthians 4:7-8

  • Acts 5:38-39

  • Mark 10:27

  • Proverbs 16:9
I hope this gets you motivated to keep your heart focused on the Lord and started on your own transformation into a warrior!

No comments:

Post a Comment