Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kitchen Transformation: The Beginning


Let the mission begin!  Here are a few before pictures of our kitchen.  I spent yesterday afternoon removing the upper cabinet doors on the side of the stove.  I had already started when I realized I needed to take some pictures!  We are planning on painting the cabinets white, rip up the floor and put down new vinyl and possibly repaint the walls.  It is a pale yellow now and we think it might need to be a color not so similar to white.  If you want a mental image of what the kitchen looked like when we moved in: the microwave on the left side is where the fridge used to be, the dishwasher was actually where the U shape cabinets jutted out into the middle of the kitchen.  The countertops used to be white with gold specks and we had a gold light fixture with clear glass.

 
The cabinet under the microwave is cut out of the U shaped cabinets that we removed and transplanted.   


I'm nervous to document our start date.  I'm not going to keep track of the ongoing days for this project!  I'll keep the updates coming.   

No comments:

Post a Comment