Saturday, April 2, 2011

Projects: Of the Home and Of the Heart

We haven't quite started on the kitchen yet; we're still trying to get the lighting up in the storage area in the basement.  I did, however, get the storage room (a 12 ft x 20 ft room) empty, swept, and organized this past week.  It was amazing to see the mountain of stuff turn into "not as much stuff as I thought it was"!  I'm at a stand still, since I'm not the wiring/electrical guru of the family.  Nate is so busy with Bethel work (registration was this past week which means long hours), church work (writing questions for small group discussions and updating the website), homework for his graduate class (I think he still has one more class after this one before graduation, but the end is near!), applying for jobs and working on our ongoing house projects.  Not to mention, being a dad and a husband!  I don't know how he does it sometimes.  I get overwhelmed being a stay at home mom, with 2 boys and pregnant, trying to keep the house clean, prepare meals, homeschooling, keep laundry at bay, I could go on, but you get the point.  It seems never-ending. 
Then, when I feel like we're on a roll with house projects and homeschooling, the enemy starts to interfere.  We get busy...  Homeschooling was put on the back burner.  I've only done a few of our daily routine items and no real planning has been involved.  I've just found myself "too busy and tired" or finding excuses to postpone it.  And when our kitchen looks to get started, I get side tracked with organizing the office/future nursery, Nate gets bombarded with extra work, and we both just feel exhausted, physically and mentally.  The cycle of being busy never ends.  Nate and I talked last night and decided that we need to just let go of our burdens and let God take over.  I don't know why we keep them on our backs in the first place.  It never works out.  Yet, God is faithful and Nate and I both keep going.  God gives us the strength and energy to persevere.  God is our provider and we both strive to have His will mold our hearts and keep us strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment