Monday, August 13, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix

This is one of the easiest snack mixes I've ever made and it's super good!



What you'll need:
3 c mini pretzels
3 c oat squares cereal
2 tbsp margarine
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 c dried fruit

Mix pretzels and cereal in a plastic ziploc bag.  Combine margarine and brown sugar in a microwave safe bowl.  Melt in the microwave.  Stir in cinnamon.  Pour over dry mix in bag.  Seal and shake to coat evenly.  Bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until crispy and brown, stirring once or twice.  Let cool completely, then add the dried fruit.  Store in an airtight container.  Makes about 10 servings.

I used Oatmeal squares cereal the first time.  It was good!  I'm going to try either rice chex, corn chex, or wheat chex next time for a change.  Instead of cinnamon, I used an apple pie spice mix.  Fabulous!  And I used raisins for my dried fruit.  Though, you could use cranberries, cherries, blueberries, chopped apricots, really anything you have.  I'm going to add some lightly salted dry roasted peanuts next time too!  Can't go wrong!!  Enjoy!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment