Friday, August 3, 2012

Standing Strong

There is a lot going on in the news about Chick-Fil-A these days.  Fox News had an article about the appreciation day on Wednesday.  I experienced it first hand while driving.  There were cars lined up for blocks and police men directing traffic.  It was crazy!

It is sad that Dan Cathy, the CEO of Chick-Fil-A, has been singled out and ridiculed for his personal beliefs.  On the flip side, he has been singled out and supported for his personal beliefs.  I happen to agree with Dan Cathy and believe that marriage should be between one man and one woman.  It does not mean that I hate gay people.  I strive to love everyone, no matter what.  I am a Christian and I try to follow Jesus with my whole heart, try to be like Christ and look to Him in all things.  In the Bible stories we read, did Jesus not go to the hurt, the sick, the weary, the outcasts, the sinners and show them compassion, love, grace and mercy?  He did.  And that list of people Jesus loved includes every one of us.

It feels like Christians are under the microscope, being watched and ridiculed.  We need to stand strong in what we believe in.  It can be very hard to speak up sometimes, but our time on earth is short and I want to bring as many people to Christ as I can.  My heart aches for those who do not know Jesus as their Savior.  Staying silent and lukewarm is not part of that plan.  Showing love and kindness, imitating Jesus, is the best way I know how.  Will you join me in standing strong and show kindness to those who don't know Jesus?  We are all children of God and should love one another.  We know it, now let's actually do it.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment