Friday, May 4, 2012


Well, we made it to Texas!  As most of you know, Nate got a new job as a software consultant for the college.  He accepted the job sometime in March and we immediately got to work getting our house in Fridley ready to put on the market.  It took about 2 weeks, but we got everything done and put it on the market on Thursday April 5 and we had 2 offers by Saturday the 7th!  We had to leave Fargo earlier than planned on Easter Sunday to get back that night to accept one of the offers.  We knew that this move was part of God's plan.  Everything was falling into place and fast.

The moving company packed us up on April 16 and we left for Fargo again for a few days.  The moving truck wouldn't get to Texarkana until Sunday the 22, which meant we had extra time to spend with family before we left.  Thursday morning was our departure.  I got to drive the Alero all by myself, while Nate drove in the van with the kids.  We made it to Council Bluffs, IA for the night.  Friday we stayed in Springdale, AR.  Missouri and Arkansas are beautiful states to drive through.  Saturday is when we arrived in Texarkana.  I drove by myself the entire time!  It was kind of great.

Our duplex is in a really nice, quiet neighborhood.  The place was not quite ready for us to move in.  The floors were being tiled and were not done.  There was no fridge or washer and dryer either.  We moved in anyways and lived in construction for a little over a week!  It was a bit stressful.  There were a lot of things that needed fixing as well: running toilet, leaky faucets, plugged dishwasher, you get the idea.  It is really a nice place, just had a lot of the normal maintenance that should have been done before we got here.  Now that we are in and getting settled, it is starting to feel like home.  

Another unexpected blip that occurred is that my flip phone broke in half.  I was having to snap it back together to make phone calls and text, but it kept on ticking for 4 more days.  It had had enough and finally went to a completely white screen.  Nate and I lasted 2 more days with one phone until we both gave in and each got a new smart phone.  Nate's phone was older than Jman, wouldn't take pictures and certain buttons were "sticky", as in they would decide when they wanted to work.  It was time for new phones.

We are so thankful for the many blessings God has given us.  It is difficult to leave our family and friends, but we know that we are following His will for us.  I believe that God has big plans for us.  We have been patient and prayerful through Nathan's job search and now our transition to Texas.  We are excited for what the future holds for us!

Follow by Email