Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Norwegians in Texas!!

Nate and I both have Scandinavian heritages, Norwegian to be more precise.  I think it is fair to say that Norwegians are hard headed and don't show a lot of emotions.  It is apparent up North.  (So strange to say up North and not mean the lakes or Fargo!) When you go to a store in Minnesota or North Dakota, I can easily walk through the store and not say a word to anyone until I get to the checkout counter.  Nate concurred.  I don't find it odd or rude, it is just kind of the way it is.  Nate said, "Nine months out of the year, people are always looking down to make sure they don't slip on ice."  Funny, insightful man.  When you come down South, I can honestly say that I have NEVER talked to as many people that I did not know in stores as I have since we moved down here.  And we've only been in the South for 20 days!  It is totally out of my comfort zone, but I am loving it!  I need to be challenged to step out of my box more and I am definitely getting it here.  People are extremely friendly and will stop to talk about anything, though mainly it's to tell me a story about their kids and then tell me how cute my family is.  :)  God has embraced us and shown us His love through so many random interactions.  He has heard the prayers of many and answered them!  Yee-haw!!  (Too soon??)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Texas! The Friendly State. (Most of the time.)

    :)

    ReplyDelete