Sunday, February 19, 2012

Nick's Quilt


 I officially started this quilt in August, when Nick gave me all his shirts!  I didn't actually start cutting them up until about November. The top picture shows the top of the quilt completely sown together.  It was fun planning the shirt placements.  It wasn't fun reorganizing my piles for each row after Lulu threw them across the room, multiple times.  I should have learned the first time to put them up higher, but I am as persistent as she is.

I had planned on giving him this quilt for Christmas; it then got pushed back to his birthday, Jan. 21.  It ended up being a late Valentine's gift!

The middle picture is of the back of the quilt, after completion.  It is draped over our couch in the living room!  I did vertical quilting lines along each column of shirts.  It is flannel material.  Nick told me it was really warm.  My boys would tell you the same thing!  :)  (I had to wash it again before sending it to Nick, the boys were enjoying Doritos, while wrapped up in his quilt.)

The bottom picture shows you the size of this quilt.  It is laid on top of our queen size bed!

I am so happy with the way it turned out.  It was fun to remember all of the shirts; some dated back to his elementary days!

I am planning my next quilt, a blocked quilt for myself.  Ashley has plans for me to make her a t-shirt quilt as well...so mine may get put on hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment